Greetings! This week we would like to talk about heart health and CoQ10. What is CoQ10 and what are the benefits of taking this supplement? Let’s take a look…
Our bodies naturally produce CoQ10 to help our cells process energy and to function properly. Overtime, we produce less and less. Most people know it for it’s benefits with the heart, but it can be beneficial for the WHOLE body. The body will convert the CoQ10 into Ubiquinol, helping with proper absorption and to make it more bio-available. (You can skip the CoQ10 conversion process by taking Ubiquinol which may yield a bit more of the active compound)
Benefits of CoQ10/Ubiquinol:
- Helps treat and prevent heart failure
- Helps to lower the blood pressure
- Enhances the immune system (especially for people with HIV/AIDS)
- Reduces high cholesterol levels in blood
- Fantastic for gum disease
- Helps treat Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
- Supports people with Parkinson’s dis-ease
- Helps increase sperm count and increases fertility
- Improves symptoms for those with chronic fatigue
- Supports the body to process toxins from chemotherapy drugs
Pretty awesome how CoQ10 helps in so many ways, not just for your heart! We think it’s fascinating that there is a connection with the health of the gums relating to the health of the heart– and CoQ10 is great for both!
As always, do what you feel is best for YOUR body– if you aren’t sure, ask your doctor. We are health ENTHUSIASTS not licensed practitioners.