Hello Friends! This week we will look into healthy blood pressure. It seems to be a common concern as we go through life. The interesting thing is when you research what causes high blood pressure there are many vague reasons listed. Hereditary, obesity, stress, alcohol, or tobacco can be some of the many causes. Hypertension (the fancy word for high blood pressure) has been labeled as the “silent killer” because many people are unaware of the rising levels of their blood pressure. Let’s learn more…
Blood pressure is measured by the amount of pressure the blood is putting on the vessels. Due to the various reasons above, the vessels contract and the heart works on over drive to get the blood delivered through the body. This can be detrimental on the heart over time, hardening it, and causing other issues.
Luckily, blood pressure can be easily regulated. Diet is key. There has been some research that blood pressure could be due to a lack of minerals. Try these supplements to help assist your body in balancing out your blood pressure.
- CoQ10/Ubiquinol: This enzyme is fantastic for heart health. It is a powerful antioxidant that can boost the health of the whole body and help lower blood pressure.
- Hawthorne Berry: Known as the “heart herb,” this herb/berry is known to be highly beneficial for the heart. It is also an antioxidant. This bright red berry is also a vasodilator– expands the blood vessels to allow better blood flow.
- Nattokinase: This enzyme helps dissolve excess fibrin in the blood vessels, improves circulation, and helps reduce clotting in the blood.
- Garlic: This well known food that we use to flavor up our meals is great for heart health. It has vitamin C and B6 which are great for heart health, as well as minerals. It can help with cholesterol, blood pressure and more!
- Calcium/Magnesium/Potassium: These three minerals are crucial for heart health– they work to help all muscles in the body to contract and relax and can do wonders for heart health.
- Red Yeast Rice: This fermented supplement contains monacolin K, which has properties very similar to those of the lovastatin, part of the family of cholesterol-lowering prescription medications known as statins. It is known for helping lower bad cholesterol, however, it can also help with blood pressure.
What is important to consider is your levels of stress when it comes to blood pressure. Stress management can REALLY help with lowering your blood pressure. Try exercising more, meditation, or get out in nature to help lower stress levels. Spend some QUALITY time with your family or your pet, or go on a good ol’ fashioned vacation! Also, just to consider, your blood pressure fluctuates all the time and the simple fact of going to see a doctor is sure to raise anyone’s blood pressure…
As always, do what you feel is best for YOUR body– if you aren’t sure, ask your doctor. We are health ENTHUSIASTS not licensed practitioners.